The weather around here has been hot! When it's hot, I don't feel like being in the kitchen too long. Maybe not at all. Do you? Even with air-conditioning it's just not a cooking kind of weather. So we have been grilling. This weekend my husband bought a new grill, yay! And yay for husbands that don't mind grilling! All that is left for me to do is a put together a bowl of colorful goodness. What do you make when you don't feel like cooking?
Did you know, watermelons contain about 92 percent water, and if you eat just one cup of water it's 43 calories? Also in just one cup of watermelon is 21 percent vitamin C, 2 percent iron and 17 percent vitamin A. This salad is perfect on a hot summer day and summer fruits are good for boosting nurtients in your body.
So how about a fresh summer salad that is easy to whip up and to refresh? I think so.
- 1/4 of watermelon
- 1 avocado
- 1 grapefruit
- 1-2 figs
- 1 stem fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- A pinch of salt
- Cut watermelon, avocado, grapefruit, and figs into bite sizes.
- Whisk together 1/4 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar and a small pinch of salt; drizzle on the salad.
- Chop fresh mint and sprinkle it on top.