Apricots are one of the first fruit of summer. They are an excellent source of fiber and vitamin C. This orange colored fruit pairs well with greens and chicken.You will also find a quick recipe for honey mustard dressing, made from only three ingredients. You won't regret making this one, delicious apricot salad.
- 1 boneless-skinless chicken breast
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch ground black pepper
- 1 apricot
- 1 Tablespoon chopped raw almonds
- 1/2 cup mixed greens
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon mayonnaise
- To a heated skillet add 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper both sides of 1 chicken breast, sauté till cooked. Cut into bite size.
- Combine 1 sliced apricot, 1 Tablespoon chopped almonds, 1/2 cup mixed greens, 1 chopped celery stalk together with chicken.
- Honey mustard dressing: Whisk together 1 Tablespoon honey, 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard and 1 Tablespoon mayonnaise. Drizzle on top of salad.