Asparagus are still in the season, which means you still have the time to make this quick asparagus salad. This salad provides a great amount of nutrition and flavor. Low in calories and can help spike your mood from depressed to happy! Including green onion into this salad, benefits your heart. This salad addition also benefits your eye health and protects the body from various bacteria.
- 2 cups water
- 1 bush of asparagus
- 1/2 lemon
- A pinch of salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cucumber
- 1 stem green onion
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 Tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Fill a pot with 2 cups water. Squeeze juice from 1/2 lemon and add a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil.
- Cut the ends of 1 bush asparagus, add asparagus to the boiling water; boil for 3 minutes. Take out, and let cool before cutting into small pieces.
- Boil 3 large eggs. Peel and slice each egg; add to asparagus.
- Slice 1/4 cucumber, avocado and chop 1 stem green onion; mix in with asparagus and eggs.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 Tablespoon grated parmesan cheese.
- Drizzle 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil on the vegetables, sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of salt, pepper and garlic powder.