Today was the last day of school. I know the summer will pass by quickly. Do you ever feel like your day is so busy, but you are still not getting anything done? Yup, this is me today. Getting used to kids being at home now, and keeping up with everything else I have going on. These kind of moments calls for a salad, and not just a salad but a quick avocado beet pea salad.
- 1 red beet
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup mixed greens
- 1/2 pound green pea pods
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 lemon
- Boil 1 red beet for half a hour, let it cool.
- Peel and slice beet, 1 avocado and add to 1/2 cup mixed greens.
- Take peas out of the pods and add to the salad.
- Drizzle vegetables with 1 1/2 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil and juice from 1/2 a lemon.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper.