I usually don't eat beef. I find it too chewy and hard. When my husband grilled a fillet mignon for dinner, it was when I met the real deal of beef. So why not make it a lunch dish. This beef salad is very satisfying, I have made it a few times and still loving it.
- 1/2 pound beef fillet mignon
- Small piece of ginger (size of your fingernail)
- 1 garlic clove
- 50 ml soy sauce
- 25 ml rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
- 1 stem fresh parsley (may substitute for cilantro)
- 2 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 5 stems of asparagus
- 1/4 english cucumber
- In a blender beat together 1 small pieces of ginger (peeled), 1 garlic clove, 50 m soy sauce, 25 ml rice vinegar, 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, 1 stem fresh parsley and 1/8 teaspoon of hot sauce (optional). Beat until smooth.
- Put the sauce into a large mug and place 1/2 pound of beef fillet mignon into the mug. Marinade for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop romaine lettuce, 5 asparagus stems and slice 1/4 english cucumber. Arrange in a plate.
- Heat up 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil in a skillet. Take the beef and fry it, 4 minutes each side, this will be rare inside so If you like the beef more well done let it cook through longer, could also put a lid on it to make it cook well on the inside.
- Take the fillet out and let it rest for 5 minutes. Slice it and place on top of the green vegetables. Drizzle the remaining marinade sauce on top of the salad.