When I was at the age of seven or so, I remember when my mom made me go pick blackberries. Unlike strawberries, raspberries or blueberries, blackberries are free to pick. If you every picked blackberries you know they are hard to pick. The branches and leaves of these sweet berries are with thorns that hurt and scratch you. The bad news about blackberries is that they are a natural source of sugar so you can't have so much. However, the best part is that blackberries have a great amount of vitamin C, vitamin A, calcium and iron.
Enjoy this simple, yet satisfying balsamic chicken salad with blackberries, greens and fresh cheese.
- 1 boneless-skinless chicken breast
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- A pinch salt
- A pinch black pepper
- 1/2 cup blackberry
- 1/2 cup mixed greens
- 2 oz fresh mozzarella cheese
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper both sides of one boneless- skinless chicken breast. Combine 1/8 cup of balsamic vinegar, 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil and 1 minced garlic clove. Add chicken to the mix and let marinade for 10 minutes.
- Sauté chicken until cooked.
- Arrange 1/2 cup mixed greens, 1/2 cup blackberries and chopped or sliced fresh mozzarella cheese into a serving bowl. Add the cooked chicken on top and enjoy!