So what happens when you start craving something? You turn on the bachelorette and distract yourself. No just kidding! I have been craving oatmeal lately so I can't wait any longer to share this next recipe, it's filled with sweetness.
My nutritionist says it's better to eat less of the gluten as possible, so I bought the gluten-free oatmeal and surprising I don't really see the difference in taste between regular and gluten-free oatmeal, so gluten-free it is. This berry oatmeal with chocolate and almonds is perfect to start your day (or munch on while catching up on the bachelorette). It's simple to make, and it will fill you up with no-guilt attached.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cups water
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberry
- 5 strawberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 Tablespoon melted dark chocolate, 70% cocoa
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil.
- Add in 1/2 cup rolled oats to the water. Simmer on low heat for 15 minutes. Transfer to a serving plate.
- Add 1/2 cup fresh blueberries, 5 sliced strawberries, 1/4 cup sliced almonds to the oatmeal.
- Drizzle 1 Tablespoon dark chocolate on top.