So what happens when you start craving something? You turn on the bachelorette and distract yourself. No just kidding! I have been craving oatmeal lately so I can't wait any longer to share this next recipe, it's filled with sweetness.
My nutritionist says it's better to eat less of the gluten as possible, so I bought the gluten-free oatmeal and surprising I don't really see the difference in taste between regular and gluten-free oatmeal, so gluten-free it is. Oatmeal isgreat energy booster and provides you with a good source of potassium and calcium to boost heart health also. Berries are good for your digestive healthy because it contains lots of fiber. As for the chocolate, did you know it boosts mood? This whole recipe is full of so much goodness!
This berry oatmeal with chocolate and almonds is perfect to start your day (or munch on while catching up on the bachelorette). It's simple to make, and it will fill you up with no-guilt attached.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cups water
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberry
- 5 strawberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 Tablespoon melted dark chocolate, 70% cocoa
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil.
- Add in 1/2 cup rolled oats to the water. Simmer on low heat for 15 minutes. Transfer to a serving plate.
- Add 1/2 cup fresh blueberries, 5 sliced strawberries, 1/4 cup sliced almonds to the oatmeal.
- Drizzle 1 Tablespoon dark chocolate on top.