I can't get enough of the blue! Can you? I have been munching on this superfood for weeks now, and loving it! Blueberries have a great amount of fiber, vitamin C and a perfect source for manganese (your body requires is to function), and this superfood is great for weight-loss because it is low in calories. So why not make a salad with blueberries and drizzle some homemade balsamic dressing for your next healthy meal!
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 3 cups green lettuce
- 1 cup blueberry
- 3 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Arrange 1/2 cup raw walnuts to a baking sheet, toast walnuts for 5 mins.
- Chop 3 cups green lettuce, mix with 1 cup of blueberries, toasted walnuts and 3 oz crumbled feta cheese.
- Balsamic Dressing: Whisk together 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar, 1 garlic clove, 1 teaspoon honey, juice from 1/2 a lemon and 1 teaspoon dijon mustard. Drizzle on salad when ready to indulge!