Are you a buckwheat fan? Here are a few reasons you should be boiling some of this goodness, like right this minute! Buckwheat is high protein, making it a great substitute for meat. Some researches found that buckwheat may help manage diabetes. I am always researching on foods that help with digestion, and I was happy to learn that buckwheat cleans and strengthens the intestines. And for all you gluten-free eaters! Happy to announce buckwheat is gluten-free! To top it all off, add some veggies (and you got a fulfilling meal in one bowl. The avocado will provide a source of healthy fats and zucchini is good for maintaining eye health. Enjoy this quick recipe of buckwheat avocado and zucchini bowl.
Buckwheat Avocado and Zucchini Bowl Recipe
- 1 cup cooked buckwheat (follow back of buckwheat package for cooking instructions)
- 1 zucchini
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- A pinch of salt
- A handful of fresh parsley
- 1 avocado
- Cook buckwheat according to the package instructions.
- Slice 1 zucchini.
- Heat up 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil in a skillet. Add sliced zucchini and a pinch of salt. Sauté for 4 minutes both sides.
- Combine 1 cup cooked buckwheat with zucchini, a handful of chopped parsley and 1 avocado, sliced.
* serves 2