Hopefully everyone had a great weekend! Here in the Northwest it was a hot weekend. I got to attend a food bloggers conference and met some great bloggers and, of course, tasted some delicious food. What did you do?
It's the first day of June, which means there is only two weeks left of school, more summer days to come, and delicious red fruit is in season. You must have seen these sweet, juicy red fruit in your supermarket! Sadly cherries are just seasonal, so enjoy them while they last.
Cherries are packed with antioxidants; they help reduce muscle pain and keep your heart healthy. This superfood can also help you sleep well. You can enjoy them just as they are, which makes a great snack, but you can also dress them up in quick chicken and cherry salad like this one.
- 1 skinless- boneless chicken breast
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of pepper
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1 cup cherries, pitted
- 1 Tablespoon feta cheese
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 Tablespoon pecans, chopped
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to chicken.
- Whisk 3 Tablespoons oil, 1 teaspoon honey, 1/2 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard. Add chicken and marinade for 10 minutes.
- Sear chicken both sides until cooked through; 10 minutes.
- On a plate arrange 1/2 cup spinach, 1 cup pitted and sliced cherries, 1 Tablespoon feta cheese, 1/2 sliced avocado and 1 Tablespoon chopped pecans.
- Slice and add chicken to the salad ingredients.