This is not exactly a salad, or is it? Veggies plus chicken could most likely be a chicken salad. Well this is a warm one, making it great for the cloudy and gloomy weather we have been having here in the northwest. Chicken veggie rice bowl will diffidently fill you up! You could even make it ahead of time, and warm it up later. Take it to work for a healthy lunch, all your co-workers will be jealous of your healthy choice of lunch. Healthy because the bell pepper benefit your immune system, chicken helps build muscle and olive oil boosts skin health and digestive system.
- 1/2 cup cooked rice (optional)
- 1 chicken boneless-skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black ground pepper
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- fresh dill for garnish
- Cook rice according to the package. (optional)
- Slice 1 chicken breast, 1/2 red bell pepper, 1/2 yellow bell pepper, 1/2 green bell pepper into a bowl.
- Add to the chicken 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon paprika (less if you don't like very spicy). Mix everything well together, let it marinade for 5 minutes.
- Heat up a skillet, medium-low heat. Add marinaded ingredients to the skillet, sauté for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, add to rice.