This Chicken with Mushrooms and vegetables salad combines so much healthy benefits with a hint of spice! The chicken in this recipe is a good source of protein and reduces cancer risk. Mushrooms are gaining the super food title for containing the most potent nutrients on the plant. Some of the nutrients mushrooms contain are vitamin D, vitamin B, potassium and riboflavin. The bright and delicious corn adds a boost of more protein and keeps nerves and muscles healthy.
- 3 carrots
- 3 pickles
- 2 stems green onion
- 1 15.25 oz can organic sweet corn
- 1 16 oz can organic marinated mushrooms
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 chicken breast or 2 chicken thighs fully cooked
- 1 stem fresh parsley
- 1 Tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- Grate carrots. On medium heat sauté carrots with 1 Tablespoon of vinegar and 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl combine corn (drained), peas, shredded cooked chicken, chopped green onion, chopped parsley, chopped pickles, drained and chopped marinated mushrooms, and cooled carrots.
- When ready to serve mix salad with 3 Tablespoons of mayonnaise.