I find that citrus fruit is very refreshing, and when I feel bloated or dehydrated, I turn to citrus fruits to refresh and relieve the bloating feeling. Grapefruit and oranges are packed with vitamin C, fiber and contain up to 90 percent water, therefore ideal for preventing bloating and feel refreshed. Mint helps with digestion and promoting skin health and red onion is a good source of the nutrient biotin which supports a healthy metabolism.
Citrus Salad with Pomegranate Vinaigrette Recipe
- 1 grapefruit, peel and slice
- 1 orange, peel and slice(I used blood oranges)
- 1 thin slice of red onion, chopped
- 1 stem of fresh mint, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons pomegranate juice
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- a small pinch of salt
- Arrange fruit on a plate.
- Sprinkle onion and mint over fruit.
- Whisk together 2 Tablespoons of pomegranate juice, 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, 1 teaspoon orange zest and pinch of salt/pepper. Drizzle vinaigrette on fruit when ready to eat.