I have been on a caesar salad addiction the last week. Everyday I ate a bowl of a classic caesar salad. It all started when my sister-in-law made it on our recent family retreat up in Canada I usually prefer a homemade salad dressing since I can modify it and I know what is in it, so I went ahead and made a homemade caesar salad dressing. The original recipe of the dressing I adapted from momsdish.com, but I modified it just a bit and didn't add the cheese to the dressing to save on calories.
- 1 cup chopped lettuce
- 1/2 cup croutons
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 cloves of garlic
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 stem fresh dill
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Arrange 1 cup chopped lettuce, 1/2 cup croutons and 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese in a plate.
- Blend well together 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard, 2 garlic cloves, a pinch of salt, 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, 1 stem fresh dill and 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil; Drizzle on salad and enjoy a homemade caesar salad with homemade caesar salad dressing.