I have been on a caesar salad addiction the last week. Everyday I ate a bowl of a classic caesar salad. It all started when my sister-in-law made it on our recent family retreat up in Canada I usually prefer a homemade salad dressing since I can modify it and I know what is in it, so I went ahead and made a homemade caesar salad dressing. The original recipe of the dressing I adapted from momsdish.com, but I modified it just a bit and didn't add the cheese to the dressing to save on calories.
You might think this salad is not as healthy but its more than it seems. With the lettuce, this salad contains vitamin A and vitamin C. Dill is good for digestion and promotes oral care. And garlic boosts immune system and heart health.
- 1 cup chopped lettuce
- 1/2 cup croutons
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 cloves of garlic
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 stem fresh dill
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Arrange 1 cup chopped lettuce, 1/2 cup croutons and 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese in a plate.
- Blend well together 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard, 2 garlic cloves, a pinch of salt, 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, 1 stem fresh dill and 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil; Drizzle on salad and enjoy a homemade caesar salad with homemade caesar salad dressing.