Quinoa is extremely nutritional. It provides a great amount of vitamins such as protein, fiber, antioxidant, magnesium, phosphorus, folate, copper, iron, zinc and potassium. If that is not enough to get you cooking and eating quinoa then you should know it's gluten free. Quinoa is great for weight loss and maintaining a clean and healthy lifestyle. What is also great about quinoa is that it can be paired with almost anything and still be delicious, like this easy quinoa salad recipe; a great summer salad. To add to all the health benefits in this salad, cucumber is a refreshing ingredient and good for aiding digestion because of its high fiber content. Don't forget the parsley. It contains vitamin A and C, which when in contact with the immune system, strengthens it.
3/4 cup raw quinoa
1 1/2 cup water
3 stems parsley
1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 Tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
salt to taste
In a small pot add 1 1/2 cup water and 3/4 cup raw quinoa. On the lowest heat with the lid on cook for 10minutes. Fluff quinoa with a spoon.
Chop 1/2 cucumber, 3 stems fresh parsley, and add to the quinoa.
Stir in 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, and 1 Tablespoon lemon juice. Give it a light mix.
Add salt to taste.
Easy Quinoa Salad Recipe
- 3/4 cup raw quinoa
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cucumber
- 3 stems parsley
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- salt to taste
- In a small pot, add 1 1/2 cup water and 3/4 cup raw quinoa. On the lowest heat with the lid on, cook for 10 minutes. Fluff quinoa with a spoon.
- Chop 1/2 cucumber, 3 stems fresh parsley, and add to the quinoa
- Stir in 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Give it a light mix.
- Add salt to taste.
sat. fat (grams)0.7