Nothing says spring like flowers! So why not put some in your salad. This edible flower salad with beet mango over spinach is a great way to enjoy spring. Drizzle a sweet balsamic vinaigrette and enjoy!
- handful of fresh spinach
- 1 small red beet
- 1 mango
- 16 edible flowers, any size
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Boil 1 red beet for 30 minutes, or until soft. When cooled enough to handle, peel and chop. Combine with a handful of washed spinach leaves, and 16 edible flowers.
- Peel and chop 1 mango, add to spinach.
- Also add 1/4 cup of crumbled goat cheese to the rest of the ingredients.
- Dressing: Whisk together 1 teaspoon honey, 1 teaspoon lemon juice and 1 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar; drizzle over salad and enjoy!