Ever heard of land cress? I haven't until a couple weeks ago. This great green goodness is fat-free, making it great for weight-loss. Also, land cress has no sodium, yay! The best benefit of land cress is all the antioxidants. This great tasting green leaves contain twice the vitamin A that is found in broccoli, and three times found in oranges. Paired with eggplant and zucchini, this recipe is full of potassium (eggplant health benefit) and also a high source of vitamin C and antiozidants (zucchini health benefit).
So start incorporating land cress into your diet, seriously. Here is a quick recipe that is vegan, satisfying and great for parties. It's still grilling season so this grilled eggplant zucchini land cress rolls are a perfect way to start your land cress intake! (Can you tell I am really excited about this green stuff?)
- 1 eggplant
- 1 zucchini
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- small handful of fresh land cress
- Thinly slice 1 eggplant and 1 zucchini.
- In a bowl combine 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Marinade sliced eggplant and zucchini in oil for 5 minutes.
- Fire up the grill, and start grilling eggplant and zucchini. Grill both sides until they start getting a brown color. About 3 minutes each side.
- Roll eggplant into zucchini, insert a toothpick to make each eggplant and zucchini roll stay together.
- Drizzle 1/2 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil on each roll.
- Chop a small handful of fresh land cress and sprinkle on top of each roll.