Forth of July is over and it's time to get back to work. Recipes like this help you stay on tract of eating healthy, and when you will be hungry you just put together your ready ingredients and you don't have to reach for junk food.
This make ahead chicken skewer salad will make you satisfied and filling good, because its packed with protein, vitamins, fiber and antioxidants. Great for kids too!
- 1 chicken breast boneless-skinless
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 Tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 asparagus
- 5 strawberries
- 1/2 cup mixed greens
- 1/4 cup pecans
- Chicken Marinade: In a small bowl combine 1 Tablespoon tomato paste, 1 Tablespoon mayonnaise, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper, 1 minced garlic clove.
- Cut 1 boneless-skinless chicken breast into strips. (As many as you like)
- Mix marinated and chicken strips together. Let stand till you are ready to eat.
- In a salad bowl combine 1/2 avocado, 2 chopped asparagus, 5 sliced strawberries, 1/2 cup mixed greens and chopped pecans. Cover and refrigerate till chicken is ready.
- Prepare chicken: In a skillet heat up 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil. If you want you can put the marinated chicken on skewers if you don't have skewers that is is fine. Cook chicken on both sides for 4 minutes. If your strips are thin you may only need 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken to chopped vegetables and enjoy.