My mom has been making this salad for years. As a kid I didn't like green beans and didn't ever try this salad, but as I got older I gave it a try and it's great. This green bean with eggs tomato and cheese salad fills you up. It's like a whole meal in one, and great for a hot summer day. That is the beauty of salads, you don't need to stand for hours in the kitchen. Now just need to make my kids eat more greens.
- 4 cups water
- 12 oz green beens
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- fresh parsley
- 2 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil, add a pinch of salt and 12 oz of green beans.
- Boil beans until tender (5 minutes), then drain.
- In a small bowl whisk 2 large eggs and a small pinch of salt.
- Heat up 1 Tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in a skillet.
- Add green beans and whisked eggs, mix to get scrambled eggs.
- Add in 7 sliced cherry tomatoes and a pinch of salt (or to taste). Cook for another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat, add sprinkle 2 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese and fresh parsely.