Hopefully everyone had a great weekend and a wonderful father's day. My parents were out on vacation this weekend so I couldn't go over and visit my dad. But, I did get to spend some quality time with my favorite people, my husband, and three sons.
Summer is the season for grilling, and grilled eggplant is one my favorite ways to prepare eggplant. This grilled eggplant with tomato and garlic parmesan recipe is great for summer parties as an appetizer or a side dish.
How healthy is eggplant? Eggplants are a low-calorie vegetable, which is great if you are watching your weight, for 1 cup of eggplants it's only 20 calories. They are packed with fiber, vitamins and minerals. You wont regret it when you make this and eat the yummy eggplant. What benefits do tomatoes contain? Tomatoes are full of potassium. Around 90% of people in the United States do not eat enough potassium rich foods, and thus results in potassium deficiency. If you noticed, this recipe contains only one clove of garlic. What can a little clove of garlic benefit our bodies? Well, garlic provides us with vitamin B6. This nutrient is important to our bodies because it is essential for protecting our nervous system and keeping our brain healthy. Easy recipe and so many benefits!
- 1 eggplant
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- A pinch of salt
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- A stem of dill to garnish
- Warm up the grill.
- Slice 1 eggplant.
- In a bowl toss sliced eggplant with 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil and a small pinch of salt.
- Place eggplant slices on heated grill. Grill, each side of the eggplant for 4 minutes, or until eggplant, starts to get soft.
- While eggplants are being grilled, slice 2 medium tomatoes.
- In a small bowl combine, 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise, minced garlic clove, a pinch of salt and a pinch of black pepper.
- Place a slice of tomato on each grilled eggplant, and then a teaspoon of garlic parmesan mix and garnish with fresh dill.