A salad that has it all. It will fill you up for a while. Full of protein, vitamins, fiber, and nutrition. Cobb salads are great as a complete on bowl meal. This is a healthier Cobb salad with less the calories than a traditional Cobb salad, but with the same great taste. If you haven't tried turkey bacon before, your'e in for a great substitute for traditional bacon! Make sure not to skip out on any of the healthy toppings because tomatoes, for example, promote healthy skin. They purify blood and are filled with vitamin C, vitamin K, potassium, magnesium and many more nutrients. Eggs add protein to this salad (6 whole grams!). Full of healthy fat, eggs are a cheap and easy food to cook. As for the feta cheese, it's a good source of calcium and vitamin B2.
- 3 strips turkey bacon
- 1 boneless- skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup mixed greens
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 2 plum tomatoes
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1 rip avocado
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- pinch salt
- pinch black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Sauté turkey bacon until gold brown, pat dry with a paper towel and chop into small pieces.
- Boil 1 boneless- skinless chicken breast, chop into small pieces. (don't add salt to the water)
- Boil, peel and chop 2 large eggs.
- Chop 2 plum tomatoes and 1 ripe avocado.
- Combine ingredients with 1 cup mixed greens and 1/4 crumbled feta cheese.
- Red wine vinaigrette: Whisk together 1 minced garlic clove, 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar, pinch of salt and pepper, 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon dijon mustard, and 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil. Add to the salad.