If you have never had a layered salad with seafood, in this case herring, you simply just should. It may not be what you are really used to, or how you would arrange a salad, but this herring under a fur coat is just boiled vegetables with a layer of herring. Herring is a low-calorie type of fish and usually is found in glass jars near the fresh seafood section of the grocery store.
Herring Under a Fur Coat Recipe
- 2 Potatoes
- 1 Herring
- 2 Carrots
- 3 Large Eggs
- 2 Red Beets
- 4 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
- Boil beets, potatoes, carrots until soft.
- Boil eggs, in a separate pan.
- After the vegetables have cooled down, start putting the salad together.
- Grate potatoes on a small size grate on the bottom of a plate. Spread a Tablespoon of mayonnaise on top.
- Chop herring into very small pieces, taking out any bones. Spread on top of the potatoes.
- Peel, grate carrots on top of the herring. Spread a Tablespoon of mayonnaise on top.
- Grate hard boiled eggs on top of the carrots.
- Peel and grate beets, spread over the eggs.
- With the rest of the mayonnaise cover the whole top, you could also do the sides.
- Garnish with fresh chopped dill and green onion.