Yesterday I organized a pool party in my backyard for my kids and my sister's kids. It was a great success. The kids had fun and we got to spend sometime in the sun. I may have made too much corn. Which turn out great, because I finally got to make a simple salad from leftover corn.
Why should you eat corn?
Corn has it's benefits. It helps with metabolism, it's rich in vitamins A, B, E and many minerals. It's also high in fiber and antioxidants. And as a bigger bonus, the green onion in this salad has a high content of vitamin A in it and will benefits your eyes. To top it off, olive oil is armed to protect your heart and prevent it from developing any cardivascular diseases.
- 2 cooked corn
- 1 stem fresh green onion
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Take the kernels off the cob.
- Chop 1 stem fresh green onion.
- Combine corn and onion with 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, 1/2 Tablespoon white wine vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon of salt (or to your taste).