It is yet another sunny summer day, and I am busy as always. I am excited to share with you this next salad recipe so I won't tell a story today. Mushroom egg avocado with homemade sweet dijon dressing is a keeper. If you ever read the ingredients on salad dressings at the grocery store you will find that there are way to many, ingredients that I can't even read. Crazy! So what to do? Make it yourself! This sweet onion dijon dressing is pretty simple to make, and you will have enough of it for at least three salads.
Why should we eat more mushrooms? Well, if you want to protect your hair, nails and teeth, mushrooms are the foods to eat. Eating more mushrooms promotes better health and provides a great source of vitamin D which is essential for the regulation of calcium and to support lung function as well as cardiovascular health. A reason to eat more eggs is because eggs are one of the most nutritious foods! A fun fact is that eggs include at least a little bit of every vitamin and mineral that is required for the human body. And lets not forget the benefits of avocado. This green fruit/vegetable, whatever you classify as, fills you up. As a result, the digestive system runs more smoothly because of the large fiber content and it can keep your weight in check.
- 1 small onion
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 Tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- a pinch if salt
- a pinch of ground black pepper
- 3 large eggs, hardboiled
- 1/2 cup mixed greens
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 avocado
- 1 Tablespoon walnuts, chopped
- Chop 1 small onion. In a pan, sear chopped onions with 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil until onion is soft. (5 minutes) Let cool.
- To a blender or magic bullet, add seared onions, 1 Tablespoon mayonnaise, 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard, 1/2 Tablespoon honey, 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar, pinch of salt, pinch of ground black pepper, blend till smooth.
- In the same pan you used to sear onions, add 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms and let them brown up just a little bit.
- Arrange mixed greens on a plate with 3 hard boiled large eggs sliced, mushrooms, sliced avocado and 1 Tablespoon chopped walnuts.
Drizzle sweet onion dijon dressing on top of the salad.