It's beginning to look a lot like summer, and this citrus avocado salad is the perfect treat to get you ready for the warmer days to come. Low- calorie, light but satisfying flavors. Grapefruit, avocado and pineapple are beneficial for somewhere who is watching their weight. Grapefruit is also good because it clears up skin. I really enjoy eating avocado and pineapple because avocado helps control appetite while pineapple boosts energy!
- 1 avocado
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 mango
- 1/2 pineapple
- 1 fresh stem of mint
- 1 teaspoon raspberry balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon water
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Chop avocado, grapefruit, mango and 1/2 pineapple into squares.
- Raspberry vinaigrette: Whisk together 1 teaspoon raspberry balsamic vinegar, 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil, 1 teaspoon water, pinch of salt and 1 teaspoon honey. Drizzle on the chopped ingredients.
- Chop 1 fresh stem of mint and sprinkle over the salad.