I am so glad that the previous week is over. It was a tough one. My kids were sick one after the other with gastroenteritis, which is like a stomach flu. Vomiting, cranky, and frequent trips to the bathroom. Finally, it's over!
Today is Monday, also the busiest day at the gym. Did you know that if you want to start eating healthier and changing your health that Monday is the best day to do it? Yup, people who start eating healthier on a Monday, are more successful at staying motivated than if they start on any other day.
This simple salad is a great one to start your week off right. You can pair it with fish or poultry or just eat it as is. Olives Avocado Tomato and Feta work great together. It's low in calories, and there are many health benefits to any of the ingredients in this salad. Olives are beneficial for cardiovascular health. If you are low on iron, olives are perfect to eat. Avocado improves nutrient absorption such as vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin B-6 found in tomatoes.
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 stem green onion
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives
- 3 Tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1 stem fresh dill
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Chop 2 tomatoes, 1 ripe avocado and 1 stem green onion.
- Add 1/4 cup kalamata olives and 3 Tablespoon crumbled feta cheese.
- Dressing: Stir together 1 stem chopped fresh dill, 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper with 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil.