Olivier Salad is a Russian version of potato salad. Most Olivier recipes call for a Russian Bologna, which is a pale pink bologna that has a smooth and smoky taste. I skip the bologna because it's processed, and I think the salad has enough protein and vegetables in it, that skipping bologna won't make a big difference in taste. The potato and peas, are a good source of energy and actually, potatoes are the best energy producing vegetable. Carrots boost vision as well as stimulate gums and induce excess salaiva.
Olivier Salad Recipe
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 medium potatoes
- 5 large eggs
- 1 stem green onion
- 1 stem fresh dill
- 1 can (15oz) organic sweet peas
- 4 kosher pickles
- 1 cucumber
- 4 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- Salt to taste
- Boil 2 carrots, 2 potatoes; just until soft. Let cool down completely.
- Boil 5 large eggs for five minutes. Let cool down completely.
- Peel and chop potatoes, carrots and eggs.
- Chop 1 stem of green onion and 1 stem of fresh dill; add to the rest of chopped ingredients.
- Drain 1 can of organic sweet peas, add the peas.
- Chop 4 kosher pickles, and 1 english cucumber; combine all ingredients together.
- When ready to serve, stir in 4 Tablespoons of mayonnaise (or to your taste); Add salt to taste.