Whats better for lunch than a quick salad that comes with health benefits? This Quick Coleslaw is high in vitamin C because of the cabbage. Cabbage also supports immune system and protects the body against free radicals. Carrots cleanses the body by reducing the bile and fat in the liver. One of the well knows facts of carrots is that they improve vision, and that's true! Carrots are rich in beta-carotene that is converted into vitamin A, then in the retina it is transformed into rhodopsin which is essential for night vision.
* If you don't like the taste of red cabbage you may substitute, by using one green cabbage.
- 1/2 small green cabbage
- 1/2 small red cabbage
- 2 medium carrots
- 3 stems fresh green onion
- 1 fresh stem dill
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- Shred or 1/2 small green cabbage, 2 medium carrots and 1/2 small red cabbage add to a bowl.
- Chop 3 stems of green onion and 1 stem of fresh dill; add to the bowl.
- When ready to serve combine with 4 Tablespoons of mayonnaise (more or less to your taste), and 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice.