Seafood? Yes please! Protein? Of course! Usually when I am creating a salad, I use the ingredients that I crave, or looking great at the supermarket. What I like about seafood, is the nutritional benefits. Crab is packed with protein, in fact most of the calories is all protein. This low calorie meat also contains zinc, iron, vitamins A, C and the B vitamins including B12. Many fish is at the higher end of the food chain of containing a great amount of mercury, but great news, crab is a low risk of mercury! But pairing the crab with some cucumber, adds fiber, antioxidants and potassium to this salad. And as for the celery, eat more celery because not only is it so good, it protects your liver and boosts digestion.
So start incorporating some crab into your diet! It's filling and great for your health. This quick cucumber crab salad is a great way to start eating crab.
- 1 lb cooked crab meat (from real king crab)
- 1/2 english cucumber
- 1 stem green onion
- A small handful of fresh parsley
- A small handful of fresh dill
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- A pinch of salt (or to taste)
- A tiny pinch of ground black pepper
- Chop 1 lb cooked crab meat, 1/2 english cucumber, 1 stem green onion, a handful of parsley, a handful of dill and 1 celery stalk.
- Mix chopped ingredients with 1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar, 3 Tablespoons mayonnaise, a pinch of salt and pepper.