Greek salad is such an easy and satisfying lunch. It can be paired with your favorite protein, but could be enjoyed all on its own. I don't eat olives too often but I found out that they have the same healthy fats that olive oil has so this salad has extra health properties! The kalamata olives are also a source of calcium. The olives, as well as tomatoes, target heart health and lower the risk of heart disease.
Things around here have been busy, and I am now a soccer mom :). My youngest son (almost 5) has started playing soccer about a month ago. In addition to soccer, he has also started taking voice lessons. It is really cute to hear him sing.
Quick Greek Salad Recipe
- 1/2 pound cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 english cucumber, quartered
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 1 stem fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup pitted black kalamata olives
- 2 Tablespoons light olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- Combine tomatoes, cucumber, onion, feta cheese, olives together.
- Whisk together olive oil and oregano. Drizzle on salad.