I am so glad I finally get a chance to share this quinoa black bean and mango salad with you. One of my favorite quinoa salads. It's vegan, sweet, savory, full of protein, very satisfying, gluten-free and vegan free, the list goes on and on.
- 1 cup organic quinoa + 2 cups water to cook it
- 1 can (15oz) organic black beans
- 1/4 red bell pepper
- 1 mango
- 1 fresh stem cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pinches of salt
- Bring 2 cups of water and 1 cup quinoa to a boil. Lower the high, cover the pot and let it simmer till all the water is gone; fluff quinoa with a fork.
- Drain 1 can of organic black beans, rinse with cold water.
- Combine quinoa and black beans together.
- Chop 1/4 red bell pepper, 1 mango, and 1 stem of fresh cilantro; add to the quinoa.
- Dressing: In a small bowl whisk together 2 Tablespoons white wine vinegar, 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil and couple pinches of salt. Mix with the salad.