I am so glad I finally get a chance to share this quinoa black bean and mango salad with you. One of my favorite quinoa salads. It's vegan, sweet, savory, full of protein, very satisfying, gluten-free and vegan free, the list goes on and on. As for the benefits in this salad, there are so many but mainly, quinoa and back beans boost energy levels as well as aid in weight loss. Delicious mango unclogs pores and freshens the face.
- 1 cup organic quinoa + 2 cups water to cook it
- 1 can (15oz) organic black beans
- 1/4 red bell pepper
- 1 mango
- 1 fresh stem cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pinches of salt
- Bring 2 cups of water and 1 cup quinoa to a boil. Lower the high, cover the pot and let it simmer till all the water is gone; fluff quinoa with a fork.
- Drain 1 can of organic black beans, rinse with cold water.
- Combine quinoa and black beans together.
- Chop 1/4 red bell pepper, 1 mango, and 1 stem of fresh cilantro; add to the quinoa.
- Dressing: In a small bowl whisk together 2 Tablespoons white wine vinegar, 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil and couple pinches of salt. Mix with the salad.