Low on iron? Or how about vitamin E or vitamin A? This salad has it all! The red beans contain the iron but they also protect cells and are protein rich. To fill up on vitamin A, eat more tomatoes, like in this salad! The vitamin A found in tomatoes keeps hair shiny, healthy and strong. As for the almonds, they are the source of vitamin E. They pack in healthy fats, and boost digestive health!
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1/4 red onion
- 1 14oz can of organic red beans (kidney bean can be used instead)
- 1/4 cup sliced raw almonds
- 1 stem fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Slice 2 tomatoes, 1/4 cup of fresh spinach leaves and 1/4 red onion; add to a bowl.
- Drain 1 can of organic red beans; add to the bowl.
- Add 1/4 cup sliced raw almonds.
- Chop 1 stem fresh dill. Gently mix the salad.
- Dressing: Whisk together 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil with 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. (adjust salt and pepper to your taste)