Sometimes it's so hard to wait to dig into a salad after creating it. This roasted asparagus parmesan and garlic salad is one of them; it's so addicting! Excuse me if the image isn't the best, I was craving asparagus today.
How do you know spring has begun? Simple, grocery stores are stocked up with asparagus. This vegetable is loaded with nutrition. Asparagus are full of antioxidants and a great source of fiber. They also contain vitamin A, C, and K.
In addition, if you want to save a buck or two, asparagus are one of few vegetables that you don't need to buy organic since it is unlikely to be exposed to pesticide residues.
As for the garlic, its good to eat for detoxification! It also affects many heart related conditions and diseases connected to the blood stream.
- 1 fresh bunch of asparagus
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- 2 Tablespoons grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Wash and cut of the ends of asparagus, wherever it snips.
- Spread asparagus onto a baking sheet.
- Drizzle 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle 1 Tablespoon of garlic powder and a pinch of salt and pepper. Gently give it a toss.
- Sprinkle 2 Tablespoons of grated parmesan.
- Roast for 10mins (don't cover).