Sometimes it's so hard to wait to dig into a salad after creating it. This roasted asparagus parmesan and garlic salad is one of them; it's so addicting! Excuse me if the image isn't the best, I was craving asparagus today.
How do you know spring has begun? Simple, grocery stores are stocked up with asparagus. This vegetable loaded with nutrition. Asparagus are full of antioxidants and a great source of fiber. They also contain vitamin A, C, and K.
In addition, if you want to save a buck or two, asparagus are one of few vegetables that you don't need to buy organic since it is unlikely to be exposed to pesticide residues.
- 1 fresh bunch of asparagus
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- 2 Tablespoons grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Wash and cut of the ends of asparagus, wherever it snips.
- Spread asparagus onto a baking sheet.
- Drizzle 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle 1 Tablespoon of garlic powder and a pinch of salt and pepper. Gently give it a toss.
- Sprinkle 2 Tablespoons of grated parmesan.
- Roast for 10mins (don't cover).