It's Monday! Do you need more energy? Try added more beets into your diet. Red beets are known to boost energy. Add almonds, goat cheese and mint to roasted beets and you got yourself a sweet, tangy and crunchy salad full of healthy goodness. Almonds provide a great amount of nutrients. They help with blood pressure levels and lower calorie intake for the day by filling you up. Goat cheese is low in calories and contains less sodium. It will be another source of protein in this salad. As for the mint, it helps with digestion. Eating mint is good for you because aids in skin health and oral health!
- 1 medium red beet
- 9 raw almonds
- 2 Tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- 1 fresh stem of mint
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice (squeeze from a real lemon)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Wrap 1 red beet into a sheet of foil. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes. Careful take the beet out and unwrap it, let it cool off.
- Peel and slice roasted beet.
- Chop 9 raw almonds and to the slice beet.
- Add 2 Tablespoons crumbled goat cheese and 1 fresh stem of chopped mint.
- Garlic balsamic vinaigrette: Mince 1 garlic clove and stir into 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar and 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice; drizzle on salad.