As a kid, I thought eating carrots would make me taller, I don't know why I wanted to be taller. Maybe as a kid you feel very short, especially when you a grown up talks to you. However, I am a 5'3 I don't think carrots did a lot of work for me, but I am glad I am not taller. There are many, many great reasons to eat carrots. Studies found that carrots can help you age slower, helps with infections, gives you healthier skin, cleanse the body and could even prevent a stroke.
This recipe of roasted carrots is simple, and easy way to add carrots into your diet. You don't even need to peel them.
- 1 pound carrot
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 stem of fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Cut the ends off from carrots and give them a good wash.
- In a small bowl combine 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1/2 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper. Rub the mix well on the carrots.
- Place carrots on a baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Chop 1 stem of fresh parsley; add chopped parsley to roasted carrots.