Sugar snap pea salad has a naturally sweet flavor. They are healthy because of the high content of vitamin C in them. Vitamin C is essential for immune system health and because it contains vitamin K, it also strengthens bones. Olive oil, one of the main ingredients in this salad, is essential to a healthy diet because its full of monounsaturated fats. Unlike trans fat where cholesterol in the blood increases and can cause heart disease, monounsaturated fat reduces inflammation and has a good affect on cancer genes. As for the garlic, it serves as a triple protection food. Garlic is anti-fungal, anti-viral and anti-bacterial. It also contains minerals such as copper, iron, selenium, maganese and no cholesterol.
- 8 oz stringless sugar snap peas
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher sea salt
- 1 clove garlic
- Heat 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil in a medium skillet.
- Sear 8oz stringless sugar snap peas. (If you have not stringless cut the ends off)
- Sear for 2 minutes, then add 1/4 kosher sea salt and 1 minced garlic.