A common bagel topping is also great in a salad. Smoked salmon per USDA considered as a protein food, it also a fatty fish which helps you consume your oil allowance for the day. Smoked salmon should, however, be used in moderation since it is high in sodium. Whip up a quick smoked salmon avocado feta salad. It will take just five minutes.
- 1 cup of fresh spinach
- 2 slices of red onion
- 1 avocado
- 2 Tablespoons feta cheese
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 stem fresh dill
- 3 oz smoked salmon, sliced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- A pinch of salt
- Chop 1 cup of fresh spinach.
- Chop 2 slices of red onion; add to spinach.
- Slice 2 avocado; add to spinach.
- Chop 1 medium tomato; add to spinach.
- Chop 1 stem fresh dill; add to spinach.
- Sprinkle 2 Tablespoons feta cheese over chopped vegetables.
- Arrange smoked salmon on top of vegetables.
- Dressing: Whisk together 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard, 1/2 teaspoon honey, 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar and a small pinch of salt.