I love to make sauces from scratch. When you make a sauce from scratch you know what you are putting into your body. Sauces from scratch usually don't require as many ingredients as the store bought. Also, you can adjust the ingredients to your taste. This teriyaki chicken salad is so simple, but so satisfying; especially if you have a sweet tooth.
Try to get more red or yellow onions into your meals. Onion is good for anti-aging. They also help with bone health. Olive oil is good for damaged hair. Consuming more or it reduces blood pressure and help with weight loss or can help you maintain your weight because of its high nutritional value. If you've heard the saying 'eat your greens' its because its good for overall health. Greens boost bone strength and also improve eyesight.
- 1 boneless- skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 Tablespoon corn starch
- 1/2 Tablespoon cold water
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 4 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup greens
- 1 tomato
- 1 slice onion (red or yellow)
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- pinch salt (optional)
- pinch pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Cook the sauce: In a small pot bring to a bowl 1/2 Tablespoon corn starch, 1/2 Tablespoon water, 1/3 cup soy sauce, 1/4 cup cane sugar, 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, 1 minced garlic clove, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper. Boil for two minutes.
- Slice boneless/skinless chicken breast and place on an oven safe dish.
- Generously rush chicken with teriyaki sauce both sides. (you will have some left)
- Bake teriyaki chicken for 15 minutes, every 5 minutes brush with teriyaki sauce both sides.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon sesame seeds.
- To your serving plate add, 1/4 cup of greens, 1/2 of an avocado, 1 tomato, a slice of onion. The teriyaki chicken brings out so many flavors; I don't use the oil or salt and pepper most of the time. But, if you need a simple dressing for the vegetables follow drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and a pinch of salt/pepper.