There are a few different ways a Russian Vinaigrette is made, and here is one of them. I personally like this salad among other Russian traditional salads because it doesn't have the heavy amount of mayonnaise, actually it has no mayonnaise. It has a combination of boiled vegetables that you could actually enjoy all year long.
The first ingredient, beets already tells you this salad is packed with vitamin A and C. It cleanses the blood and protects against hear disease. Moving on to red kidney beans, its good to know that they contain a load amount of fiber but also protein. Green onion is anti-viral and lowers the blood pressure.
Russian Vinaigrette Salad Recipe
- 1 red beet
- 1 can 14oz organic red kidney beans
- 1 stem green onion
- 1 large yukon potato
- 1 large carrot
- 3 pickles
- 1 stem fresh dill
- 3 Tablespoons organic virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- Boil beet, potato, carrot. Chop into a medium size bowl.
- Chop 1 green onion, fresh dill and 3 pickles.
- When ready to serve, mix with 3 Tablespoons oil and salt to your taste.