I am getting ready for some of our summer vacations starting next week by eating more fruits and vegetables. Today is fruit day, which means eat as much fruits you can. As I was looking for a fruit syrup I came across a warm summer fruit salad here. I changed a few things, like a different fruit variety and I used lemon instead of lime (it tasted better with lemon for me), also I used sliced almonds and roasted them with fruit to save time. Even-though, it might be hot out, this is a great fruit salad to enjoy on ice cream, yogurt or just as a snack. Besides being so delicious, this fruit salad packs in antioxidants (in the cherries), vitamin-A (apricot health benefit), and promotes skin health (benefit of lemon skin health). Here is the recipe I used to make warm summer fruit salad with chocolate coconut and almonds.
- 10 cherries, pitted
- 4 apricots
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 pound strawberry
- 1/2 cup raspberry
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 oz dark chocolate, 70% or darker
- Preheat oven 350F.
- Cut fruit into bit sizes.
- On baking sheet layout fruit. Gently toss it with juice from 1/2 a lemon.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup sliced almonds, 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes and shave 1 oz dark chocolate.
- Bake for 10 minutes.