One of my nephews came over while I was preparing this salad, he said it smells like pizza. :) If you are a fan of mushrooms then this is the salad for you. All the ingredients work well together in this warm mushroom tomato salad, and for sure it's less in calories than pizza. I love that it's all in one pan.
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 stems green onion
- 1/2 red onion
- 16oz white mushrooms
- 10oz cherry tomato
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of black ground pepper
- small handful fresh parsley
- In a skillet on medium-low heat add 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil.
- Chop 1/2 red onion and 2 stems green onion and sauté in oil for 2 minutes, stirring always.
- Mince 1 garlic clove and add to the onions, sautéing for another minute.
- Slice 16oz white mushrooms then add to the skillet. Lower the heat to low and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add 10oz cherry tomatoes to the mushrooms with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Stir everything together and everything come together for another 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle chopped fresh parsley on top.