It's that time of year again when time to take out the coats and put away the flip-flops. The time of year when everyone gets back to an organized schedule, finally!
Every season has some delicious healthy fruit or vegetables, and fall starts out with apples. You can start incorporating apples into your diet by making this apple salad with a tangy and sweet vinaigrette. If you are looking to improve your eyesight, apples benefits your eyesight. For those wanting to build stronger bones, apples are the fruit to eat. Honey has its benefits too. Surprisingly, honey prevents infections and as we know, treats cold and cough. If you decide not to use candied pecans for this salad and just use regular pecans, a good thing to know is that they are rich in vitamin E but also support brain health. Happy Fall!
- 1 romaine lettuce head
- 1 gala apple
- 1 Tablespoon grated goat cheese
- 1/4 cup candied pecans
- 1/2 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of black pepper
- Thinly chop up 1 head romaine lettuce.
- Chop 1 gala apple into small bites.
- Chop 1/4 candied pecans (I got my at Trader Joe's) , and pecans and grated goat cheese to apples.
- Honey Vinaigrette: Whisk together 1/2 Tablespoon red wine vinegar, 1 Tablespoon honey, 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, A small pinch of salt and pepper.