This vegetarian friendly salad packs in lots of protein in the chickpeas! Not only that but its also a rich source of fiber which helps fight constipation. The bright red pepper in this salad keep skin and hair, young and healthy by providing a great source of vitamin E. If you're a fan of cilantro, it is a great flavor booster in this salad! Its full of calcium to build strong bones and supports healthy cardiovascular health.
- 1/2 of a large red pepper
- 2 cups of chickpeas (also known as Garbanzo beans; if you have the time soak and cook fresh chickpeas; so much better)
- 1 clove of garlic
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Handful of fresh parsley or cilantro
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 large avocado, or two small
- 1 plum tomato
- Chop 1/2 of a large red pepper. Add to a medium sized bowl.
- Add to the bowl 2 cups of cooked chickpeas.
- Chop 1 large or two small avocado, chop coarsely. Add to the chickpeas and red pepper.
- Mince 1 clove of garlic, add to bowl.
- Chop one tomato, add to bowl.
- Squeeze juice out of one lemon, try to get as much as you can; without any seeds.
- Mix well together.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve salad right away, avocado can’t stand for to long after it has been opened.