Those of you who votes 'yes' on my Instagram page for the combo mushroom and avocado, I present to you: the Avocado Mushroom Toast!
If you take a look at the ingredient list, crimini mushrooms are listed. What are crimini mushrooms anyway? These are one of the common mushrooms we eat, the only difference it that they are a bit darker than the white ones. Crimini mushrooms are one of the rare foods that contain vitamin D. Vitamin D is plays a role in reducing depression and regulating mood. This vitamin also links to preventing heart disease and supporting weight-loss. The avocado is considered more of a fruit rather than a vegetable but is high in potassium and fiber and contains 33% more potassium than one banana. As for 1/2 of the onion, it is benefitcial for preventing tooth decay and other oral infections. Enjoy the toast!
1/2 Tablespoon light olive oil
1/2 onion, chopped
1 cup sliced Crimini mushrooms
1 avocado, pit out and skin off
4 slices of bread, any kind you like
fresh dill for garnish
- Heat up 1/2 Tablespoons light olive oil, on a skillet.
- Add in sliced 1 cup Crimini mushrooms. Add a pinch of sea salt, sauté till mushrooms start to brown up.
- Add in 1/2 chopped onion. Sauté till start to onion becomes transperant and soft.
- Mash avocado and a pinch of salt. Spread on bread.
- Add mushrooms on top of avocado.
- Garnish with dill.