Avocados are full of fat but its the good kind of fat: monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fat. This type of fat lowers blood cholesterol and leads to heart health. The tomato and cucumber are nutrient dense and low in calorie.
- 1 large ripe avocado, chopped
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1/3 cup of a cucumber, cubed
- 1 Tbsp red onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cut 1 avocado in half, lengthwise. Using a tablespoon, scoop out each half of avocado and chop it into bite-size pieces.
- Dice 1 tomato, 1/3 of fresh cucumber, 1 Tablespoon size red onion into equal size pieces and place all the chopped ingredients in one bowl. Season with salt and pepper, drizzle with olive oil and mix carefully.
- Spoon the salad into avocado halves and garnish with fresh parsley.
- This salad can be scooped with tortilla chips or eaten with a fork. Enjoy!