The days are getting more and more chilly! When it comes to cooking on colder days, I love using the oven. With the thought of a warm recipe, this appetizer was born. Zucchini was not my favorite vegetable of the bunch when I was little but now, there are so many ways to prepare it and it is just so, so good. A few reasons to love zucchini: naturally reduces stress, keeps the brain happy and healthy, contains large amounts of antioxidants and vitamin C, and last but not least, contains the heart healthy mineral- potassium. Some more benefits this recipe contains: promotes vision and builds strong bones (all in the tomatoes!), reduces fat in the liver (garlic health benefit) and aid in digestion and stomach problems (garlic). Have a fun time baking!
- 1 zucchini
- 3-4 tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup of shredded cheese
- 2 Tablespoons of mayonnaise
- Pinch of salt
- Slice zucchini into slices, add to a bowl and mix with a pinch of salt.
- In a small bowl mix together, 2 Tablespoons of mayonnaise, 1 minced garlic clove
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Slice 3-4 washed tomatoes.
- I use ceramic baking sheet so I don’t spray or put anything from sticking while baking. If you are using a regular baking sheet you may place a sheet of parchment paper.
- On a flat baking sheet spread out zucchini slices. Spread mayonnaise mixed with garlic on each zucchini slice.
- On top of the zucchini add a slice of tomato, and sprinkle each with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese starts to brown up.