It's the last week of summer vacation for my kiddos. It has been a great summer, spent many weekends with family and friends, attended weddings, and visited Spain. Now I am looking forward to early mornings, elementary homework, and school activities and some alone time.
I have been wanting to do this bbq chicken salad ever since spring. My husband and I visited a lovely family this passed spring, and the host made this salad. At first, I wasn't sure how ranch and bbq could come together in one bowl, but after I tried it, it was pretty tasty, and I have been wanting to make it ever since.
- 1/2 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bone-less skin-less chicken breast
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 cup romaine lettuce
- 7 cherry tomatoes
- 8oz can corn
- 8oz can black beans (no salt)
- 1/4 red onion
- 1/4 cup Monterey jack cheese
- 2 Tablespoon ranch
- 1 Tablespoon bbq sauce
- In a medium skillet over medium high-heat, heat up 1/2 Tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Season 1 chicken breast with a pinch of salt and pepper on each side. Add to skillet and cook through, 4 minutes each side. Set a side to cool.
- Place chopped romaine lettuce in a bowl, top with sliced cherry tomatoes, diced 1/4 red onion.
- Drain corn and black beans and add to salad.
- Dice chicken breast into bite size pieces and also add to salad. Pour 2 Tablespoons ranch and 1 Tablespoon bbq sauce on top of salad and lightly toss to combine everything together. Great 1/4 cup Monterey jack cheese.