Beans cause an embarrassing flatulence problem, but there are many health benefits of adding beans into your diet. They are high in antioxidants, protein, magnesium, potassium, zinc and copper.
7 Benefits of Beans:
- Low in fat
- Packed with protein
- Lowers cholesterol level
- Lowers blood sugar
- Prevent constipation
- Help with weight-loss
- Wallet friendly
When buying beans in cans, buy organic and rinse before using.
Easy Bean Salad Recipe
- 1 15oz can organic black beans
- 1 15oz can organic garbanzo beans
- 1 15oz can organic red kidney beans
- 1 Tablespoon fresh dill, chopped (or cilantro)
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice (1/2 lemon)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- A pinch of ground black pepper
Rinse all beans, add to a bowl.
Add chopped fresh dill.
Mix together 2 Tablespoons lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 Tablespoon olive oil, 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar and a pinch of black pepper. Mix with beans, add more salt if necessary.
* serves 5