Seems to me salads are typically green. This Beet Salad will be a turn of the color wheel and it has nothing green in it. Red fruits and vegetables are a source of vitamin C, lycopene and anthycoenin. Red produce promotes hearth health and reduces the risk of a stroke. Beets are mainly a cleansing vegetable. It cleanses the colon, bloodstream acne and immune system. The extra flavor of garlic add in a boost of digestive health and improves circulation. Enjoy a salad of the first color of rainbow benefits:)
- 2 Large Beets
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup of Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Salt to taste
- Start with the beets, wash and boil for 40 mins; or until you can put a fork into it.
- Alternatively, wrap in foil and bake in the 380 oven for 1 hour, or until soft.
- After beets have boiled and cooled, peel and grate into a medium sized bowl.
- Add chopped walnuts (instead of chopping you may put walnuts into a food processor).
- Mince 3 garlic cloves and add to the bowl with beets and walnuts.
- When ready to eat, mix all together with 1/4 cup of mayonnaise and some salt to your taste.
- Ready to enjoy!