Health benefits of black beans, also known as turtle beans, include cardiovascular health, cancer prevention, and balanced sugar levels. They are also good for maintaining healthy bones because of the various minerals they have and are good for digestion because of the fiber they contain. Here is a great post on the benefits of eating black beans, click here.
Black Bean, Rice and Corn Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can corn, drained
- 2 medium tomatos, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon dill, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- salt to taste
- Rinse rice until water runs clear.
- In a small pot, bring 1 cup water to a boil. Add in rice, cover pot and cook on the lowest temperature until water is all gone. Fluff with a fork
- Mix rice with the rest of the ingredients. Add salt to taste.